What are termites? Termites are pests that feed on wood and worst they can also damage upon papers, books or pipe lines. Why get rid of termites? These pests can cause heavy damage to living organisms such as trees and plants. That is why people often go for termite treatment work when the termites are getting out of control. Can this be done without professional help? Some people have their minds come to cross with the thought of ridding the termites themselves but that takes skills especially on construction.
They need to know the building well as to not do any more damage done already. Hiring a professional is much recommended rather than doing it by you. Choosing the right termite treatment work varies as to any situation goes through. But before choosing the treatment; elaborating on the topic of termite treatment work is necessary. Termite treatment work, from the name itself, is a method to get rid of termites at home or any building or for wherever they infest upon. There are two categories of termite treatment and choosing it is important to factor in the situation of the infested building.
One is the use of liquids and the second one is the use of termite bait. It depends on the homeowner which method will be used but it all depends on how the infestation has affected the home or building. It is recommended to use the bait method when the symptoms of infection are not that widespread, unlike the liquid treatment method that specializes in widespread infections of termite damages.
There are steps on how the termite treatment works and here it is as follows:
1. Liquid Treatment Method
• Inspect the infected area and search for the source of the termites’ base.
• Galloons of pesticides will be injected into the soil. The pesticide will serve as a barrier to protect the building parts from any entering or leaving termites on the go.
• Drilling and disruption will be involved with this kind of termite treatment.
2. Termite Bait Treatment Method
• Find the source of the path of the termite colony.
• Inject baits such as paper, cardboard or wood with toxic pesticides.
• Release the bait onto the source of the termite colonies. Some would be put underground and others may be inside the building to make sure that termites will find it and share it to their other nest mates.
• This may result in killing hundreds of termites since it would have a domino effect on other termites which causes a killing spree for their colony.
This method involves lots of pesticides that are harmful if not used properly or correctly for the treatment to work. The termite treatment work is expensive but companies that offer this kind of treatment differs on their prices. It is best to have the most quality type of treatment received because it would all depend on how the treatment was done by the professional. It is important to take note that each method has its pro’s and con’s but in the end, they both have the same effect of riding off the termites from one’s home. Contact termite treatment for a professional pest and termite control service.